ATA 2014 Call for Abstract Submissions
ATA 2014 Abstracts Available Online We are pleased to provide complimentary access to the abstracts for the 84th Annual Meeting of the American Thyroid Association, October 29 through November 2 at the Hotel Del Coronado, California. The abstracts are available online on the Thyroid website.
Regular Call for Abstracts (PDF File, 157 KB)
ATA 2014 Abstract Submission Information (PDF File, 279 KB)
Instructions for Abstract Presenters (PDF File, 493 KB)
Call for Abstracts Submission Deadlines
Site Opens – Wednesday, April 9, 2014
Site Closes – Wednesday, June 18, 2014
Acceptance notification – Thursday, July 31, 2014
Site Opens – Wednesday, August 27, 2014
Site Closes – Wednesday, September 10, 2014
Acceptance notification – Friday, September 26, 2014
Abstract Submission Policy and Responsibilities of the Author:
The ATA requests submission of abstracts for consideration at ATA scientific meetings to feature new data presented as posters or oral presentations. The ATA goal is to provide the audience and the media with new data that are unpublished (in print or electronic) which are being publicly presented for the first time. Authors are asked to strictly comply with this requirement; data that are to become available to the public in the setting of a national or international meeting before their presentation at the ATA meeting are not eligible for presentation at the ATA meeting. Data may be submitted for publication before or after abstract submission to the ATA. However, data accepted for publication prior to the ATA meeting would REQUIRE the authors to request the publisher to embargo their publication (electronic and print) until 8:00 am local time the first day of the ATA meeting, or would REQUIRE the authors to withdraw their abstract from the ATA meeting. Many editors are favorable to embargo requests because of the attention that may be drawn to the publication after original presentation of the data at a major meeting. Further, the authors are welcome to announce the date and place of their anticipated publication if known. Authors that do not comply with this policy may be restricted from future abstract submissions for a term to be determined by the ATA Executive Committee. Arbitration, if needed, will occur via the ATA Board of Directors. Abstracts are reviewed in confidence by the ATA program committee with possible ad hoc members.
- Scientific materials presented at the ATA Annual Meeting must not have been submitted for publication at the time of abstract submission or presented at a scientific meeting before the 84th Annual Meeting of the ATA (local and regional meetings excluded).
- Only 36 Regular Call Abstracts will be selected for 15-minute Oral presentations.
- Authors of accepted abstracts are required to register for the Annual Meeting and poster presenters must be present during the assigned poster sessions.
- All abstracts must be submitted electronically via the ATA abstract submission site http://ataannual2014.abstractcentral.com/. Submissions will not be accepted by fax or mail.
- Authorship on multiple abstracts is permitted.
- CHARACTER LIMIT: There is a limit of 2,245 characters including spaces (approx. 300 words) for the text of your submission.
Short Call Abstracts:
- Short Call Abstracts are reserved for the presentation of the very latest, important thyroid-related research with high impact. Submission of a Short Call Abstract does not guarantee acceptance for presentation. (Please note that regular research reports should be submitted by the Regular Abstract deadline.)
- Only Six (6) Short Call Abstracts will be selected for 10-minute oral presentations during a special symposium. Selected additional Short Call Abstracts may be presented as special posters. All other submissions will not be published.
- Acceptance notices for those selected will be e-mailed on or before September 26, 2014. Online confirmation is required