Founded in 2010, the ATA Corporate Leadership Council (CLC) provides a unique and valuable forum for open communication between the ATA and the community of corporations that share interest in thyroid health and biology.
CLC Partner News
- U.S. Prescribing Information for Thyrogen Revised to Include Use of Wider Range of Radioiodine in Patients Revised label will facilitate use of Thyrogen to greater number of patients for postoperative thyroid remnant ablation, March 27, 2014 CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – Genzyme, a Sanofi company (EURONEXT: SAN and NYSE: SNY), today announced the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved revised prescribing information for the use of Thyrogen® (thyrotropin alfa for injection) to widen the dose range of radioiodine (RAI) when used for thyroid remnant ablation. Read More… THYROGEN® Highlights of Prescribing Information (PDF File, 666KB)
- Return of LEVOXYL® to market February 2014 – Pfizer is pleased to announce that LEVOXYL® (levothyroxine sodium), a prescription medicine approved to treat hypothyroidism and treat or prevent certain types of goiter, will be available in retail pharmacies in the United States on approximately March 3, 2014. Read More…
- Phase 3 Trial Shows Lenvatinib Meets Primary Endpoint of Progression Free Survival in Radioiodine-Refractory Differentiated Thyroid Cancer Woodcliff Lake, NJ, February 2, 2014 – Eisai Inc. announced today that the Phase 3 SELECT trial (Study 303) of investigational agent lenvatinib met its primary endpoint. Compared to placebo, lenvatinib showed a highly statistically significant improvement in progression free survival (PFS) in patients with radioiodine-refractory differentiated thyroid cancer (RR-DTC). Read More… (PDF File, 75 KB)
- FDA approves sorafenib for thyroid carcinoma From the American Thyroid Association: In collaboration with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and as a service to our members, ATA will provide updates on recent FDA approvals and other important FDA actions (e.g., updated safety information, new prescribing information) pertaining to therapies for cancer patients. This will allow the agency to inform oncologists and professionals in oncology-related fields in a timely manner. Included in the email from the FDA will be a link to the product label or to other sites for additional relevant clinical information. The following is a message from the FDA’s Office of Hematology and ...
- AstraZeneca News AstraZeneca is pleased to announce two new clinical trials for patients with differentiated thyroid cancer. The first, ASTRA (Adjuvant Selumetinib for differentiated Thyroid cancer, Remission after RAI), is a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study (NCT01843062) designed to compare the efficacy of a short course of selumetinib, a MEK inhibitor, plus adjuvant RAI versus placebo plus RAI in patients with newly diagnosed DTC at high risk of primary treatment failure. ASTRA is the first randomized clinical study to assess whether the efficacy of RAI can be improved by the addition of an agent capable of enhancing RAI uptake in patients with DTC. The ...
- Nexavar Thyroid Priority Review Designation Bayer and Onyx Pharmaceuticals Announce FDA Priority Review Designation of Nexavar® (sorafenib) Supplemental New Drug Application for the Treatment of Radioactive Iodine-Refractory Differentiated Thyroid Cancer (PDF File, 186 KB)
- ATA Announces Launch of Corporate Information & Opportunities Webpage and Information Submission Portal The ATA is pleased to confirm the launch of the ATA Corporate Information & Opportunities webpage which includes a link to the ATA corporate online news submission form.
Submit Your News! – Click Here to Submit News for Review
Join Us! For information on joining the ATA CLC, contact us at email@example.com