ATA is looking for dynamic and committed members to be considered for the ATA Secretary-elect position. Please submit your nomination for Secretary-elect using the form below. Completed nomination and nominee forms should be submitted by February 7, 2022.
Please contact Amanda Perl, ATA Executive Director, with any questions.
Access the Nomination Form – Please be sure to speak with the potential nominee to determine their interest in this role before submitting a formal nomination.
Candidates must have been an ATA member for five years, chaired a committee and attended five ATA meetings.
The individual will serve a one-year term as Secretary-elect (October 2022-October 2023) and a four-year term as Secretary (October 2023-October 2027).
Conflicts of Interest
The Secretary serves as a member of the Board of Directors and agrees to follow the policies regarding Conflicts of Interest and divesting requirements.
Secretary-elect nominees shall also update their governance forms to disclose any potential Conflicts of Interest and/or leadership positions in other organizations.
Secretary-elect Job Description
- Serves as the Chief Elected Officer of the organization
- Is the Chair of the Board of Directors
- Is an Officer and a Director on the Board of Directors
- Is a member of the Executive Committee*
- Serves a four-year term of office after one year as Secretary-elect
- Attends all ATA Board of Directors’ meetings, Executive Committee* meetings, and Association meetings and events
- Participates on monthly Board conference calls throughout the year
- Participates on monthly Executive Committee* conference calls throughout the year
- Reports as the committee board liaison regularly on Board conference calls
- Notifies the Executive Committee* and Executive Director when unable to attend scheduled conference calls/meetings
- Leads the Association as its chief advocate and spokesperson to the membership and profession
- Is a partner with the Executive Director in achieving the Board of Directors’ goals
- Provides leadership to the Board of Directors in policy and governance
- Prepares written reports to the Board of Directors at each meeting
- Is the Officer to whom the Executive Director is held accountable
- Works closely with the President and Executive Director
- Participates closely with the Executive Committee* to develop and implement initiatives
- Develops the agenda for Board of Directors with the Executive Director
- Keeps the Board of Directors focused on their agenda
- Encourages Board of Directors’ role in strategic planning
- Serves as spokesman for the Board of Directors between meetings
- Evaluates annually the performance of the Board of Directors in achieving its goals fulfilling its duties
- Serves as an ex officio member of Nominating committee
- Attends committee meetings when invited
- Discusses issues confronting the organization with the Executive Director and provides advice to the Executive Director on Association issues and concerns as they arise
- Helps guide and mediate Board of Directors discussions and actions with respect to organizational priorities and governance
- Reviews with the Executive Director any issues of concern to the Board of Directors
- Monitors financial planning and financial reports
- Chairs the Personnel Committee (made up of the Executive Committee*) review of the Executive Director compensation and evaluation
- Assures that the annual evaluation of the Executive Director is completed each year
- Performs other responsibilities assigned by the Board of Directors
- Prepares and submits an article for the SIGNAL publication (6 times a year)
- Volunteers for and willingly accepts assignments and completes them thoroughly and on time
- Attends and keeps a record of all meetings of the Association and of the Board of Directors and performs all duties customary to the office of the Secretary
- Submits a report of the activities of the office to the Board of Directors and to the Association at its annual meetings
- In the absence of or incapability of the Treasurer and Executive Director be empowered to disburse funds of the Association
- Along with the President, represents the Association on the International Coordinating Committee of the four world thyroid associations