Are you interested in serving as the Editor-in-Chief of the world’s leading journal for thyroid-related research?
If so, apply today!
Dr. Electron Kebebew will transition from his role as Editor-in-Chief of Thyroid® in December 2021. We are now inviting applications for a new Editor-in-Chief for an initial 3-year term, starting in 2022, with preparatory work starting in Fall 2021. We are seeking an Editor-in-Chief to serve as a global ambassador for Thyroid who will continue to enhance its reputation and growth.
The applicant must be a respected thyroid investigator who is innovative, energetic and aware of contemporary issues in scholarly publishing. Proven experience as an editor, associate editor, or active editorial board member on a peer-reviewed journal is essential. A willingness to work collaboratively to ensure that the journal meets the goals of both the ATA and the Publisher will be required. ATA is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and we encourage women and those underrepresented in science and medicine to apply.
Interested individuals should submit the following documents
- A curriculum vitae;
- A letter of interest (1000 words or less) and qualifications, including addressing how you will accommodate the time demands of editing the journal;
- A letter of support from your institution;
- A vision statement (1000 words or less) detailing priorities for Thyroid and how you will have a positive impact on expanding the journal’s global reach and gravitas;
- A financial and editorial Conflict of Interest disclosure. Please include any relevant leadership positions with other societies and/or editorial positions.
- February 25, 2021 – Email intent to submit an application to Amanda Perl, ATA Executive Director
- March 1, 2021 – Email completed application packets (in 1 PDF) to Amanda Perl, ATA Executive Director
- March – April 2021 – Candidate interviews
- May 2021 – Editor-in-Chief Selection
EIC Search Task Force
Sareh Parangi, Chair
Julie Ann Sosa