Transforming thyroid care through clinical excellence, education, scientific discovery and advocacy in a collaborative community
Intrigued by the thyroid? Join the ATA!
Among the many benefits you will receive from ATA activities are:
Apply for Membership!
ATA members are leaders in thyroidology who are transforming thyroid care through clinical excellence, education, scientific discovery and advocacy in a collaborative community.
Join us in this era of rapid pace biomedical discovery as we envision optimal thyroid health for all through increased understanding of the causes and improvements in the clinical management of thyroid diseases.
Become part of our community!
The American Thyroid Association (ATA) is the professional home for leading researchers and clinicians in the field of thyroidology. Our community is comprised of 1700 members from 70 across a variety of disciplines who work together to advance the care and treatment of patients with thyroid disease.
Through ATA publications, meetings, committees and task forces the ATA provides a dynamic and professionally diversified environment for members to share the latest research and information in the field. It further serves as a platform for members to expand their professional networks, collaborate with colleagues, and exert leadership in the field of thyroidology. Early career scientists, clinicians, and trainees find the ATA vibrant setting for professional growth.
The ATA becomes your professional “home”
ATA is the professional ‘home’ for many experts in the field of thyroidology and related disciplines. Imagine the impact on your work and career as an ATA member:
- A network of national and international thyroidologists with contact and referral information available to you on-line and by phone through the headquarters’ office
- Clinical management guidelines for thyroid diseases and thyroid cancer, which are sponsored and developed by the most highly regarded academicians and private practice clinicians in the field
- Leading-edge research findings about the full array of thyroid biology and disease disseminated by this premier international organization
- Find a specialist” referrals on the web: connecting you and your clinical practice to patients in North America and around the world
- Participation in ATA annual and international conferences: as faculty on the program, as designers of the program, and as attendees to the extraordinary scientific sessions
- Access to extensive website resources related exclusively to thyroid disease and thyroid cancer on www.thyroid.org
- The Journal THYROID® and online publications: VideoEndocrinology™, Clinical Thyroidology® and Clinical Thyroidology® for the Public
- Advocacy for thyroid drug safety and efficacy
- Thyroid research grant funding for young investigators
- Consistent new information organized with you in mind
- Support for the encouragement of new endocrinology specialists
- A society dedicated to thyroidology supporting educational and association benefits for endocrinology, surgery, nuclear medicine, pediatric endocrinology, and more