The ATA is the leading organization devoted to thyroid biology and to the prevention and treatment of thyroid disease through excellence in research, clinical care, education, and public health.
Among the many benefits you will receive from ATA activities are:
We invite you to join the ATA—the Professional Home for Leading Thyroidologists!
The American Thyroid Association (ATA) serves as the professional home to leading researchers and clinicians in the field of thyroidology, and provides a rich resource for the public and patients with thyroid disease and thyroid cancer. 1700 members from 43 different countries, span a variety of disciplines, working together as a close-knit organization of researchers, clinicians, surgeons and other healthcare professionals, to advance the care and treatment of patients with thyroid disease.
Through ATA publications, meetings, committees and task forces the ATA provides a dynamic and professionally diversified environment for members to share the latest research and information in the field. It further serves as a platform for members to expand their professional networks, collaborate with colleagues, and exert leadership in the field of thyroidology. Young scientists, clinicians, and trainees find the ATA vibrant setting for professional growth.
The ATA becomes your professional “home”
The ATA becomes a professional ‘home’ for many experts in the field of thyroidology and related disciplines. Imagine the impact on your work and career with the following ATA opportunities created by this unique society:
- A network of national and international thyroidologists with contact and referral information available to you on-line and by phone through the headquarters’ office
- Clinical management guidelines for thyroid diseases and thyroid cancer, which are sponsored and developed by the most highly regarded academicians and private practice clinicians in the field
- Leading-edge research findings about the full array of thyroid biology and disease disseminated by this premier international
- Find a specialist” referrals on the web: connecting you and your clinical practice to patients in North America and around the world
- Participation in ATA annual and international conferences: as faculty on the program, as designers of the program, and as attendees to the extraordinary scientific sessions
- Access to extensive website resources related exclusively to thyroid disease and thyroid cancer on www.thyroid.org
- The Journal THYROID and online publications: Clinical Thyroidology and Clinical Thyroidology for the Public
- Advocacy for thyroid drug safety and efficacy
- Thyroid research grant funding for young investigators
- Consistent new information organized with you in mind
- Support for the encouragement of new endocrinology specialists
- A society dedicated to thyroidology supporting educational and association benefits for endocrinology, surgery, nuclear medicine, pediatric endocrinology, and more