Founded in 2010, the American Thyroid Association® (ATA®) Corporate Leadership Council (CLC) provides a unique and valuable forum for open communication between the ATA and the community of corporations that share interest in thyroid health and biology.
Goals of the ATA Corporate Leadership Council
- To promote transparent discussion among the medical, scientific, and business leadership of the participating corporations and the ATA on issues affecting thyroidology, including:
- research on thyroid molecular and cell biology, physiology, and diseases,
- education of physicians, scientists, and other health professionals
- advocacy and public policy
- To integrate industry trends and needs with strategic objectives of the ATA.
- To foster partnerships and collaborations between the ATA and industry involving projects and services of common interest, while adhering to the highest ethical standards for such relationships.
- To recognize and enhance the scientific and professional contributions of ATA members who work in industry.
Corporate Leadership Council Member Benefits
- Collaboration with ATA leadership and thyroid industry partners.
- Invitation (for up to 2 representatives) to the annual CLC Meeting to network, learn, and build relations with ATA leadership and other corporate partners.
- Dissemination of timely and relevant thyroid news and information through the ATA CLC Communications Portal.
- Company description, logo and link posted on the ATA Corporate Leadership Council webpage.
- Updates of current findings in thyroidology by thyroid experts.
- Input on program ideas and topics/presentations of relevance and timeliness at appropriate society venues.
- Recognition of science and professional contributions as society industry partners.
Medtronic Surgical Technologies
Patients are at the center of everything we do —and we believe medical technology can play an even greater role in improving people’s lives. Join us in our commitment to take healthcare Further, Together. Be inspired at medtronic.com.
AbbVie is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company which combines the focus of a leading-edge biotech with the expertise and structure of a long-established pharmaceutical leader. AbbVie is committed to using unique approaches to innovation to develop and market advanced therapies that address some of the world’s most complex and serious diseases.
100 Tice Boulevard
Woodcliff Lake, NJ 07677
As the U.S. pharmaceutical subsidiary of Tokyo-based Eisai Co., Ltd., our passionate commitment to patient care is the driving force behind our efforts to help address unmet medical needs. We are a fully integrated pharmaceutical business with discovery, clinical, manufacturing and marketing capabilities. Our key areas of commercial focus include oncology and specialty care (Alzheimer’s disease, epilepsy and metabolic disorders). To learn more about Eisai Inc., please visit us at www.eisai.com/US
Exelixis is a biopharmaceutical company committed to developing and commercializing small molecule therapies for the treatment of cancer. We are committed to excellence in all aspects of our work and are dedicated to improving the care and outcome of cancer patients.
500 Kendall Street
Cambridge, MA 02142
Phone: (617) 252-7500
Genzyme, a Sanofi company, has pioneered the development and delivery of transformative therapies for patients affected by rare and debilitating diseases for over 30 years. With a focus on rare diseases and multiple sclerosis, we are dedicated to making a positive impact on the lives of the patients and families we serve. Visit www.genzyme.com.
Quest Diagnostics offers comprehensive, integrated and innovative Thyroid Cancer Testing Solutions to provide you with the diagnostic insights you need to effectively diagnose and treat your patients. With nearly 800 M.D. and Ph.D level professionals we are a leader in the medical laboratory industry. We provide a comprehensive diagnostic portfolio for Thyroid Cancer, from screening and diagnosis to prognosis, treatment selection and monitoring. Our consultative network for Thyroid Pathology is comprised of board-certified pathologists with extensive experience in Thyroid Cancer. Find out more at www.QuestDiagnostics.com
Mary Ann Liebert, Inc. Publishers
140 Huguenot Street, 3rd Floor
New Rochelle, NY 10801
Phone: (914) 740-2100
Mary Ann Liebert, Inc. publishes authoritative peer-reviewed journals in promising areas of science and biomedical research, including Thyroid, the Official Journal of the American Thyroid Association. Thyroid (www.liebertpub.com/thy), published in print and online monthly, is the leading, peer-reviewed resource for original articles, patient-focused reports, and translational research on thyroid cancer and all thyroid related diseases. The Journal delivers the latest findings on topics from primary care to clinical application, and is the exclusive source for the authoritative and updated ATA Guidelines for Managing Thyroid Disease.
Spectrix Therapeutics, LLC
1256 Main Street, Ste 249
Southlake, TX 76092
Spectrix Therapeutics, LLC is a privately-held specialty pharmaceutical company committed to transforming how metabolic and endocrine disorders are treated pharmacologically. Through application of our proprietary multi-particulate drug delivery technologies we are able to provide tailored drug profiles to achieve optimal therapeutic effect, thereby enriching patient quality of life and further fueling the progress of medicine.
4545 Creek Road
Cincinnati, OH 45242
From creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures, Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 60 years. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world’s most pressing health care issues, and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon’s surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. Learn more at www.ethicon.com, and follow us on Twitter @Ethicon.
Horizon is a leading biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients’ lives by identifying and bringing to market rare and rheumatic disease medicines that address significant unmet medical needs in small patient populations. Our pipeline is purposeful: we apply scientific expertise and courage to bring clinically meaningful therapies to patients. Horizon believes science and compassion must work together to transform lives.