Search Clinical Thyroidology
VOLUME 24 ISSUE 1
Editor: Jerome M. Hershman, MD
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Clinical Thyroidology January 2012 Entire Issue (PDF File, 3.05 MB, 22 pages )
(Note: the links below open the individual articles in this issue for saving and printing)
- Editorial: Reflecting on the Past Year
- IQ scores of children evaluated between ages 4 and 14.5 years born to women with subclinical hypothyroidism were similar to the IQs of children born to euthyroid treated women
- Prolonged therapy with carbimazole leads to a 50% remission rate for Graves’ Disease in children
- Two commonly available “third generation” assays for antibodies to the TSH receptor (TSHR) are similar in sensitivity and specificity, but differ in their response to sera containing TSHR-blocking IgGs
- Can we measure early cardiac dysfunction in patients with tsh suppression?
- Postpartum Psychosis is more prevalent in women with autoimmune thyroid disease
- Elastography is not clinically useful for diagnosis of malignancy in cytologically indeterminate thyroid nodules
- Use of radioiodine ablation for thyroid cancer has increased and varies inexplicably among hospitals
CLINICAL THYROIDOLOGY, this highly valued abstract and commentary publication provides a broad-ranging look at the clinical thyroid literature. Experts in the field summarize the most cutting-edge, relevant articles that clinicians should know about and provide insight into the relevance and impact of each article on patient care. Please send editorial questions to Dr. Hershman at email@example.com.
For a subscription to the online version of CLINICAL THYROIDOLOGY, sign up here.
To view and print downloaded PDF files while online, you need the Adobe Acrobat Reader installed and configured as a “helper” application or “add-on” within your web browser. You can then view and/or print the documents directly from within your browser.