BAGHERI-YARMAND, R (2010) “Activating Transcription Factor 4 (ATF4), a novel putative tumor suppressor gene in medullary thyroid cancer”
- Bagheri-Yarmand R, Sinha KM, Li L, Lu Y, Cote GJ, Sherman SI, Gagel RF. Combinations of Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitor and ERAD Inhibitor Promote Oxidative Stress-Induced Apoptosis through ATF4 and KLF9 in Medullary Thyroid Cancer. Mol Cancer Res. e-Pub 12/2018. PMID: 30552230.
- Bagheri-Yarmand R, Williams MD, Grubbs EG, Gagel, RF. ATF4 targets RET for degradation and is a candidate tumor suppressor gene in medullary thyroid cancer. The journal of clinical endocrinology& metabolism 102(3):933-941. e-Pub 3/2017. PMID: 27935748.
- Bagheri-Yarmand R, Sinha KM, Gururaj AE, Ahmed Z, Rizvi YQ, Huang SC, Ladbury JE, Bogler O, Williams MD, Cote GJ, Gagel RF. A Novel Dual Kinase Function of the RET Proto-oncogene Negatively Regulates ATF4-Mediated Apoptosis. Journal of Biological Chemistry 290(18):11749-11761, 1/2015. e-Pub . PMCID: PMC25795775.
- Bagheri-Yarmand R, Vadlamudi RK, Kumar R. Activating transcription factor 4 overexpression inhibits proliferation and differentiation of mammary epithelium resulting in impaired lactation and accelerated involution. J Biol Chem. 2013 Sep 20;288(38):27517.
- Bagheri-Yarmand R, Huang SC, Williams, MD, Cote, GJ, Gagel RF. RET proto-oncogne regulates cell proliferation and apoptosis through repression of ATF4 transcriptional activity in medullary thyroid cancer. Finalist of Cyrus research scholar awards competition. 2011 Research retreat, Division of Internal Medicine, University of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center.
- Bagheri-Yarmand R,Huang SC, Cote GJ, Gagel RF. Novel mechanism of RET-mediated regulation of cell cycle progression in medullary thyroid cancer. MEN 2010, GUBBIO, Italy, 2010.
- Rozita Bagheri-Yarmand, Krishna M. Sinha, Ling Li, Yue Lu, Robert F. Gagel. Tyrosine kinase and ERAD inhibitors promote oxidative stress-induced apoptosis through activation of ATF4 / KLF9 axis in medullary thyroid cancer. Proceedings of the American Association for Cancer Research Annual Meeting 78 (#2426). e-Pub 2018.
- Bagheri-Yarmand R, Sinha K, Li L, Lu Y, Williams DM, Grubbs EG, Cote GJ, Gagel R. Overcoming ATF4 deficiency for treatment of medullary thyroid cancer. 87th Annual Meeting of the American Thyroid Association. e-Pub 2017.
- Bagheri-Yarmand R, Sinha K, Lu Y, Gagel R. Tyrosine kinase and ERAD inhibitors synergize to promote apoptosis through ATF4 induction in medullary thyroid cancer. Proceeding AACR 108th Annual Meeting. e-Pub 7/2017.
- Bagheri-Yarmand R, Williams MD, Grubbs EG, Gagel RF. ATF4 targets RET for degradation and is a candidate tumor suppressor gene in medullary thyroid cancer. 86th Annual Meeting of the American Thyroid Association, 9/2016.
- Bagheri-Yarmand R, Cote GJ, Grubbs EG, Williams MD, Sherman SI, Gagel RF. ATF4 is a putative tumor suppressor gene in medullary thyroid cancer. Proceeding AACR107th Annual meeting. e-Pub 7/2016.
- Bagheri-Yarmand R, Gagel RF. Targeting RET and ATF4 pathway to induce apoptosis in MTc. International Thyroid Oncology Group, 5/2016.
- Bagheri-Yarmand R, Gilbert J Cote, Robert F Gagel. Nuclear RET Increases Survival by Suppression of ATF4-mediated Apoptosis. 14th world Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia, Vienna, 2014.
- Bagheri-Yarmand R, Cote GJ, Gagel RF. Activating Transcription factor 4 regulates RET autophosphorylation and ubiquitin-dependent degradation. Proceeding AACR 105th, San Diego, CA. e-Pub 4/2014.
- Bagheri-Yarmand R. Role of RET protooncogene in prevention of apoptosis. American Thyroid Association, 2012.
- Cote G, Bagheri-Yarmand R, Hofmann MC, Gagel RF. Molecular mechanisms of disease: the RET proto-oncogene. In: Medullary thyroid cancer. Ed(s) D Evans, T Wang. Springer, 47-63, 2016.
CORREA-MEDINA, M. (2010) “Deiodinase type 3 is critical for pancreatic islet development and function”
- M. Correa-Madina, J. Molina, Y. Gadea, A. Fachado, M. Murillo, G. Simovic, A. Pileggi, A. Hernandez, H. Edlund, and A. C. Bianco. “The Thyroid Hormone-Inactivating Type III Deiodinase Is Expressed in Mouse and Human -Cells and Its Targeted Inactivation Impairs Insulin Secretion.” Endocrinology 152.10 (2011): 3717-727. Print.
MITTAG, J (2010) “Regulation of Presympathetic Neuronal Activity by Thyroid Hormone”– 5 citations
- Mittag J, Lyons DJ, Sällström J, Vujovic M, Dudazy-Gralla S, Warner A, Wallis K, Alkemade A, Nordström K, Monyer H, Broberger C, Arner A, Vennström B. Thyroid hormone is required for hypothalamic neurons regulating cardiovascular functions. J Clin Invest. 2013 Jan 2;123(1):509-16Epub 2012 Dec 21.
PILLI, T (2010) “The role of MADD, an IG20 gene splice variant, and its potential use as therapeutic target in the anaplastic thyroid cancer.”– 2 citations
- Turner A, Li LC, Pilli T, Qian L, Wiley EL, Setty S, Christov K, Ganesh L, Maker AV, Li P, Kanteti P, Das Gupta TK, Prabhakar BS. MADD knock-down enhances doxorubicin and TRAIL induced apoptosis in breast cancer cells. PLoS One. 2013;8(2):e56817Epub 2013 Feb 15.