CLINICAL THYROIDOLOGY FOR PATIENTS
A publication of the American Thyroid Association
Table of Contents
Welcome to Clinical Thyroidology for Patients. This publication is a collection of summaries of recently published articles from the medical literature that covers the broad spectrum of thyroid disorders. Clinical Thyroidology for Patients is published on a monthly basis and includes summaries of research studies that were discussed in the previous month’s issue of Clinical Thyroidology, a publication of the American Thyroid Association for physicians. The Calendar of Events highlights educational forums and support groups that are organized by members of the Alliance for Thyroid Patient Education. The Alliance member groups consist of: the American Thyroid Association, the Graves’ Disease Foundation, the Light of Life Foundation and ThyCa: Thyroid Cancer Survivors Association. In this
IN THIS ISSUE, STUDIES ASK THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS:
- Does levothyroxine therapy improve cardiovascular risk factors in patients with subclinical hypothyroidism?
- What are the features of severe hyperthyroidism?
- Are the outcomes of thyroid cancer in children different than in adults?
- Does the timing of thyroid cancer recurrence have any effect on survival?
- What is the best initial therapy for patients with small thyroid cancers?
We welcome your feedback and suggestions. Please follow this link to let us know what you want to see in this publication. I hope you find these summaries interesting and informative.
— Alan Farwell, MD