American Thyroid Association (ATA) Spring 2017 Satellite Symposium: Hypothyroidism – Where are We Now?
Friday, March 31, 2017, 1:00 PM – 5:30 PM
Orlando County Convention and Exhibition Center, Orlando, FL
(Prior to the ENDO 2017 Annual Meeting)
Register online at http://www.endocrine.org/endo-2017/registration or complete the ATA print registration form.
“An important goal of this symposium is to engage with patient representatives and understand the effect of hypothyroidism on the daily lives of patients being treated with thyroid hormones” says symposium co-chairs Jacqueline Jonklaas, MD and Antonio C. Bianco, MD, PhD.
This timely and important ATA symposium will explore the evolution of treatments for hypothyroidism over the years. Data about TSH reference ranges in various populations and new data about T3 levels and deiodinase polymorphisms will be discussed. Topics such as the effect of supplements and diet on thyroid function will be reviewed. The symposium will be exploring quality of life in patients being treated for hypothyroidism, include a debate about combination therapy as well as a panel discussion with representatives of patient groups who advocate for those with hypothyroidism.
- Registration for the ATA satellite program is available:
- Via the online Endocrine Society (ENDO) registration website at http://www.endocrine.org/endo-2017/registration. The ATA program is listed under Step 3: Events and Activities. ENDO Registration options are available for ATA Satellite course registration only.
- By completing and returning the ATA Satellite print registration form to the ATA
- Please note that program content for the ATA symposium is primarily geared towards medical professionals. Patients and the general public are welcome to attend with registration.
- Discount registration available for ATA and ENDO members on the ENDO registration website:
- ATA/Endocrine Society Members use promo code: ATAMEM
- ATA/Endocrine Society In-Training Members use promo code: ATATRN
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) credits available
- Support opportunities available. Inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org
- ATA Spring Satellite Program Committee and Meeting Faculty
- ATA Spring Satellite Meeting Flyer
- ATA public information and resources on hypothyroidism
- All ATA Thyroid information for patients and the general public
- ATA invites you to share this survey link with patients with hypothyroidism: surveymonkey.com/r/hypothyroidpatientsurvey
Dr. Jacqueline Jonklaas gives preview of Hypothyroidism Symposium to be held on March 31 in Orlando