American Thyroid Association Satellite Symposium: The Spectrum of Thyroid Cancer, from Surveillance to Systemic Therapy
Friday, March 16, 2018, 11:15 AM – 5:30 PM
McCormick Place West, Chicago, IL
(Prior to the start of ENDO 2018)
Revisit this webpage for updates as available
The management of differentiated thyroid cancer is becoming increasingly complex as clinicians and patients strive to develop individualized management plans designed to achieve excellent outcomes without subjecting the patients to excessive therapy or testing. The dramatic increase in the incidence of low risk papillary thyroid cancers has caused us to re-evaluate our traditional therapeutic approaches such that many low risk patients may be more than adequately treated with thyroid lobectomy (and even without immediate surgical intervention in selected patients). On the opposite end of the spectrum, advances in our understanding of the molecular biology of thyroid cancer and the success of several systemic therapy trials has opened up new avenues of therapy for high risk patients with advanced disease. Through a combination of lectures, panel discussions, and case-based presentations, we will examine the most important, and often controversial, management issues faced by clinicians across the full spectrum of differentiated thyroid cancer.
The 2018 Spring Satellite symposium is open to the community of endocrinologists, internists, surgeons, oncologists, basic scientists, nuclear medicine scientists, pathologists, trainees, nurses, physician assistants and other healthcare professionals who wish to broaden and update their knowledge of the thyroid gland and thyroid cancer.
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) and Maintenance of Certification (MOC) credits available.
- Registration for the ATA Satellite Symposium is now open and available as part of the 2018 Endocrine Society Annual Meeting online registration at http://www.endocrine.org/endo-2018/register. To complete and return the print ENDO registration form to the Endocrine Society, click here.
- ATA 2018 Spring Satellite Symposium Agenda (PDF File, 117 KB)
- Exhibitor and sponsor opportunities available. Details will be posted as available. Inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.
- View the ATA Spring 2018 Satellite Symposium Program Committee