Dear 89th Annual Meeting of the American Thyroid Association Participant,
We look forward to welcoming you to the 89th Annual Meeting of the American Thyroid Association® taking place October 30–November 3, 2019 at the Sheraton Grand Chicago, Chicago, IL. We are pleased to report that ATA is on track for another year of record attendance with 1,500+ registrants thus far. Below are logistical details to assist you in preparing for the meeting.
The 89th ATA Annual Meeting officially begins on Wednesday, October 30, 2019 with Welcome Remarks, the Strategic Goals Update and Opening Session beginning at 5:00 PM. The ATA Welcome Reception will follow the opening scientific session from 6:45 PM – 7:45 PM. A badge is required for access to the ATA reception. Please see local dinner options below in this message.
Pre-meeting satellite programs on Wednesday include the Endocrine Neck Advanced Ultrasound Course as well as the Ridgway Trainee Conference Clinical and Basic pre-meeting courses. The latest scientific program along with a list of ancillary and satellite programs for the 89th Annual Meeting of the ATA is available on the ATA website at https://www.thyroid.org/89th-annual-meeting-ata/program/. Meeting abstracts will be available online the week of the meeting here: https://www.thyroid.org/professionals/ata-publications/ata-meeting-abstracts-published-in-thyroid/. Meeting Room locations will be available in the Scientific Program and Expo Guide provided to meeting attendees onsite at registration.
Meeting Dates: Wednesday, October 30 – Sunday, November 3, 2019
Meeting Location: Sheraton Grand Chicago, 301 E North Water Street, Chicago, IL 60611; 1-312-464-1000.
Congress Language: The official language of the 89th ATA is English. Abstract submissions, scientific sessions and general correspondence will be in English. There will be no simultaneous translation.
Meeting Registration Hours and ATA Meeting Badges: Your meeting badge and congress bag can be picked up in the Chicago Promenade, Ballroom Level 4 during the registration hours listed below. For security and regulation purposes, a meeting badge is required for entry into all official events organized within the context of the ATA Meeting.
- Wednesday, October 30: 6:00 AM – 7:30 PM
- Thursday, October 31: 6:00 AM – 5:30 PM
- Friday, November 1: 6:00 AM – 5:30 PM
- Saturday, November 2: 6:00 AM – 5:30 PM
- Sunday, November 3: 6:30 AM – 11:30 AM
Exhibit and Poster Hall Hours: THYROID EXPO 2019 exposition hall is located in the Sheraton Ballroom I-V, Ballroom Level 4. The exhibit hall will be open during the hours below. Poster presenters will gain access to the hall beginning at 8:00 AM Thursday, October 31 through Saturday, November 2 to put up posters. Push pins and Velcro dots will be available to poster presenters to assist with adhering posters to boards.
- Wednesday, October 30: 12:00 PM – 6:30 PM Hall Open for Exhibitor Move-In Only; 6:45 PM – 7:45 PM Open to all attendees for the ATA Welcome Reception
- Thursday, October 31: 10:00 AM – 4:30 PM (Open at 8:00 AM for poster presenters only)
- Friday, November 1: 10:00 AM – 4:30 PM (Open at 8:00 AM for poster presenters only)
- Saturday, November 2: 10:00 AM – 1:30 PM (Open at 8:00 AM for poster presenters only
(Hall Closes at 1:30 PM, 1:30 PM – 6:00 PM exhibitor and poster dismantle thereafter).
Hotel Confirmation and Changes: Hotel confirmations were distributed by email for attendees with existing reservations made through the ATA’s housing service, EventSphere (website https://book.passkey.com/event/49837854/owner/2698962/home). If you have not received your confirmation, please contact EventSphere via phone, 24 hours a day, at 855-235-6023 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hotels in the official ATA 2019 housing block are now closed for reservation adjustments. For changes or cancellations, please contact your hotel directly at the corresponding telephone number below. If you are still looking to book a room for ATA 2019, please click here. Please note that an official ATA 2019 hotel may be available, but the contracted ATA 2019 discounted rate is no longer available due to the proximity of the event. For additional questions, please contact email@example.com.
Official Hotels Contact Information:
- Sheraton Grand Chicago at 1-312-464-1000
- Embassy Suites Chicago Downtown Magnificent Mile at 1-312-836-5900
Transportation to the 89th Annual Meeting of ATA: Chicago, IL is served by 2 area airports – Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD) is located 18 miles NW and the Chicago Midway International Airport (MDW) is located 12 miles SW of the Sheraton Grand Chicago
– each offering direct access from all over the world. The hotel does not provide shuttle service. Taxi fares from ORD and MDW are based on traffic conditions, the estimated one-way taxi fare is $30-40 USD. There are Taxi Stands at the lower level curb front of the terminals. Please make sure to use the designated Taxi Stands to ensure you have a licensed driver. For your protection, do not accept rides from drivers outside the cab stand or on the departure level of the terminal roadways. All taxis should have a working meter to calculate the fare based on time and mileage.
Driving Directions: For general driving directions to the Sheraton Grand Chicago please click on this link: https://www.marriott.com/hotels/local-things-to-do/chigs-sheraton-grand-chicago/.
Parking at the Hotel: Parking is available at $59.00 USD daily and valet parking is available at $69.00 USD daily.
Climate and Clothing: The dress code for the 89th ATA is business/comfortable casual. Attendees should dress to their personal preference. In Fall Chicago temperatures average from the mid-40s°F (7°C) to 70°F (21°C). To view the 10-day weather forecast for Chicago, visit https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/Chicago+IL+USIL0225:1:US.
Coffee Breaks for Registered Attendees and Registered Guests: Mid-morning and afternoon coffee breaks are available October 31-November 2 in the ATA Exhibit Hall located in the Sheraton Ballroom I-V, Ballroom Level 4.
Lunch and Dinner: The Sheraton Grand Chicago is offering price-fixed lunch and dinner options to ATA meeting attendees and guest at the Hotel’s food outlets. View the Sheraton Grand Chicago restaurant options here. Lunch is only offered to registered trainees as part of the Ridgway Trainee Conference. A ticket provided only to trainees with their registration badge is required to access trainee lunch meals. Dinner is not provided to ATA meeting attendees.
Continuing Medical Education (CME) and Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Credit: Credit for the 89th Annual Meeting of the American Thyroid Association® may only be claimed by completing the electronic EVALUATION SURVEY emailed to attendees during the ATA meeting at the email address provided in your meeting registration record or by visiting the ATA Annual Meeting website at www.thyroid.org or https://www.thyroid.org/89th-annual-meeting-ata/. THE ONLINE EVALUATION SURVEY MUST BE COMPLETED BY NOVEMBER 25, 2019 TO RECEIVE CME AND MOC CREDIT, NO EXCEPTIONS.
Wireless Internet: The American Thyroid Association (ATA) is pleased to offer complimentary wireless internet access to all registered attendees in the meeting facility during the 89th ATA. Internet access instructions will be available onsite in the Program book and Expo Guide under the “General Information” section. Exhibitors interested in dedicated internet service should purchase service directly with the meeting facility.
ATA Mobile APP: We’re excited to introduce our new, dynamic mobile app at the event this year that will put all key annual meeting information at your fingertips. Our mobile app provides updated features including:
- Easy-to-Access Event Agendas and Speaker Information
- Easy-to-Update User/Member Profile Management
- Dynamic Newsfeed
- Real-time Event Notifications
- ATA Resource Center
- Mobile App Messaging
- Event Maps
- Exhibitor and Partner Listings
DOWNLOAD the “ATA Connect” App from iTunes or Google Play
- OS Download Link: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/ata-connect/id1478444329
- Android Download Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.clowder.thyroid&hl=en
LOGIN with your ATA Member / ATA Annual Meeting Registration Account Login Information.
Need Assistance with the mobile app? Please visit the 89th ATA Registration Desk in the Chicago Promenade, Ballroom Level 4 and there will be a Mobile APP support representative available to assist and step you through the app sign-in and navigation process.
ATA Early Riser Symposia: ATA is pleased to offer two early riser symposia this year.
- Friday, November 1, 6:00 AM – 7:45 AM – ATA Early Riser Symposium: Management of Thyroid Disease: The Future is Here (with educational grant support from Medtronic)
- Saturday, November 2, 6:00 AM – 7:45 AM – Ridgway Trainee Conference Early Riser Symposium: Thyroid Eye Disease Overview (with educational grant support from Horizon Therapeutics). Please note this session is open to trainees only.
Of Note 89th ATA Annual Meeting Events: There is still time to sign up for these exciting 89th ATA events! Tickets will be available until SOLD OUT. A list of all 89th ATA programming, ancillary and satellite events are available on the 89th ATA website.
- Women in Thyroidology Program and Business Meeting, Thursday, October 31, 2019, 7:00 AM – 8:00 AM. Sign up as part of your registration record online.
- 89th ATA Annual Networking Dinner – Friday, November 1, 2019 starting at 7:30 PM. There are only a few spaces left. Purchase your ticket by logging into your meeting registration record or by signing up onsite at the registration desk.
- ATA President’s Social, Friday, November 1, 2019, 9:30 PM – 11:00 PM. No ticket required. All are welcome!
- Pediatric Thyroid Forum Satellite Program Symposium 2019: Update on Pediatric Thyroid Disease – Saturday, November 2 from 8:50 AM – 11:00 AM. Sign up as part of your registration record online.
Childcare Services: There are no childcare services offered as part of the official 89th ATA.
Faculty Speaker Ready Room for Uploading Meeting Presentations: All meeting faculty and expo theater presenters should upload their meeting presentations in the 89th ATA Speaker Ready Room located in the Missouri Room, Meeting Level 2. Presenters should upload their talks a minimum 1-2 hours prior to their presentation time. Presentations should not be loaded in the individual meeting rooms. An audiovisual technician will be available in the speaker ready room to assist meeting faculty as needed. The Speaker Ready Room is open to meeting faculty during the hours noted below.
ATA Speaker Ready Room (Open to meeting faculty only) – Missouri Room – Meeting Level 2
- Wednesday October 30, 2019 6:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Thursday October 31, 2019 6:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Friday November 1, 2019 6:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Saturday November 2, 2019 6:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Sunday November 3, 2019 Closed Sunday presenters should plan to load talk in speaker ready room prior to Saturday at 5:00 PM
Media/Press: The 89th Annual Meeting of the ATA Media/Press Room is located in the Ohio Room, Meeting Level 2 on Thursday, October 31 through Saturday, November 2. Press/media in attendance are welcome to use the room as needed. No equipment will be provided by the ATA. Press/media are welcome to bring their own computers for use in the room. There is no press room available on Sunday, November 3.
Onsite Business Centre: Located on Sheraton Grand Lobby Level – open 24 hours a day. FedEx Office Services:
- Pack-and-Ship Services
- 24-Hour Access to Self-Service Computers and Printers
- Onsite Receiving, Handling and Tracking
- Sustainable Papers and Ink
Things to Do: The Sheraton Grand is walking distance to Navy Pier, Magnificent Mile, Millennium Park, the Art Institute, the Loop Business District, shopping, dining, entertainment and much more. Visit the Choose Chicago site at: https://www.choosechicago.com/ for things to do while in Chicago outside of the scientific sessions for attendees and guest alike.
Chicago Official Visitors Guide: Choose Chicago’s free guide immerses visitors in the city’s attractions, restaurants, hotels, events, and more. Visit your mobile APP store for Android or iOS to download the Chicago Visitors Guide APP.
We look forward to welcoming you to the 89th Annual Meeting of the ATA.
American Thyroid Association®