Ridgway Conference & Trainee Opportunities
Claim CME/MOC from the 2019 89th Annual Meeting of the ATA – Available to registered live meeting attendees only. Must claim by November 25, 2019, no exceptions.
E. Chester Ridgway Conference
October 30 – November 3, 2019
The American Thyroid Association (ATA) is pleased to announce that the E. Chester Ridgway Conference (Ridgway Day 1 and Trainee Track) will take place this year during the 89th Annual Meeting of the ATA in Chicago, IL.
- Ridgway Day 1 – Wednesday, October 30, 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Ridgway Trainee Track – Thursday, October 31 – Saturday, November 2
The Ridgway Conference Day 1
The Ridgway Conference Day 1 kicks off the conference with a full day of basic science and clinical lectures on Wednesday, October 30, 2019. Day 1 of the Ridgway Conference is designed with a variety of educational methods to advance knowledge and understanding of thyroid physiology, disease and treatment. We welcome all who are interested to join us for the first day of lectures (registration & fee required).
Ridgway Day 1 Target Audience
Trainees, residents, students, fellows, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, endocrinologists, surgeons, pathologists, internists, oncologists, gynecologists, obstetricians, otolaryngologists, as well as primary care and nuclear medicine physicians, radiologists, radiation oncologists and other members of the healthcare team interested in the physiology, diagnosis and treatment of thyroid disease.
How to Register
Pre-registration is required for the Ridgway Day 1. Note: The first day of lectures is complimentary for all trainees that are registered for the 89th Annual Meeting of the ATA.
Ridgway Day 1 Costs
- Trainees, residents, students, fellows – Complimentary with your trainee registration for the 89th Annual Meeting of the ATA
- Non-trainees – $200.00
The Ridgway Conference Trainee Track
The Ridgway Conference continues with the Ridgway Trainee Track from Thursday, October 31 through Saturday, November 2 with concurrent sessions specifically designed to enhance the “trainee” experience at the 89thAnnual Meeting of the ATA in Chicago, IL.
Ridgway Trainee Track Target Audience
Trainees, students, residents, fellows, and early career physicians and scientists
How to Register
All trainees (ATA members and nonmembers) that have registered for the 89th Annual Meeting are automatically enrolled in the Ridgway Conference Trainee Track.
Trainee Awards and Opportunities
The ATA has opportunities for trainees that are first authors and/or presenters on abstracts and case reports. First authors and/or presenters of abstracts that are trainees, will need to indicate this during the submission process to be eligible for the trainee grants and programs. The ATA defines trainees as: clinical or surgical residents/fellows in a training program, basic-science postdoctoral fellows, research fellows, medical students or graduate students in an accredited program.
Trainee Poster Contest
The ATA Trainees and Career Advancement committee will be hosting the 7th Annual Trainee Poster Contest for the top scoring abstracts accepted as posters that have a trainee as a first author and presenter. Thirty of the top scoring trainee regular call abstracts and case reports will be invited as finalists to participate in the 2019 Trainee Poster Contest. The poster contest and judging will take place onsite during the 89th Annual Meeting of the ATA. Trainees will need to note their interest during the 2019 Regular Call abstract submission process. The regular call abstract submission site closes on Wednesday, June 19. The 30 selected trainee poster contest finalists will be contacted by July 31, 2019.
How to apply:
Note your interest in during the 2019 ATA Regular Call Abstract submission process under Step 4 by Wednesday June 19th.
After the conclusion of the 89th Annual Meeting nine winning posters will be recognized on the ATA Trainees’ Corner Website, the ATA member electronic newsletter SIGNAL, and winners will be mailed an award certificate.
ATA Annual Meeting Important Deadlines:
Meeting Registration and Housing Open: Now Open
Regular Call Abstract Submission Site Opens: Wednesday, April 10, 2019
Regular Call Abstract Submission Site Closes: Wednesday, June 19, 2019
Ridgway Trainees Conference Grant Application Process Closes: Thursday, June 21, 2019
Early Bird Registration Deadline: Monday, July 1, 2019
Short Call Abstract Submission Site Opens: Wednesday, August 14, 2019
Short Call Abstract Submission Site Closes: Wednesday, August 28, 2019
Discounted Registration Deadline: Tuesday, September 3, 2019
ATA Ridgway Thyroid Trainee Grant Program
This is a space-limited program. Apply early. Trainees that are first authors on an abstract or case report to be presented at the ATA Annual Meeting are eligible to apply for the Thyroid Trainee Grant Program. Alternatively, if you do not have an abstract or case report you may submit a thyroid research proposal. Benefits of the Grant Program include discounted meeting registration and complimentary shared sleeping room accommodations. Note: Travel assistance (air, train or ground transportation) and financial stipends are not offered through the Ridgway Thyroid Trainee Grant Program.
Application Opens: April 10, 2019
Application Closes: June 21, 2019
Trainee Grant Program Award Notifications: July 31, 2019
How to apply:
- Trainees must be a current ATA Associate member or apply for ATA membership to access the application. Note: It takes 2-3 weeks to process new member applications. Join the ATA online today – https://members.thyroid.org/join
- Trainees can apply for the trainee grant program prior to abstract submission and abstract acceptance. Trainees are encourage to apply as soon as possible.
- The application is now available on the ATA Trainees’ Corner accessible to ATA member trainees only. We encourage all trainees submitting an abstract to apply as early as April 10, 2019 as this is a space-limited opportunity.
- Register for ATA meeting using Trainee Grant Program promo code provided in the Trainee Grant Application submission confirmation email as soon as possible. Please note that the promo code is provided to trainees prior to being formally accepted into the trainee grant program. Access to the trainee registration promo code does not guarantee access to the trainee shared lodging benefit. Trainees will be notified by July 31 if complimentary shared lodging has been granted.
- ATA Membership – Must apply for ATA membership or be a current ATA member
- Abstract or Thyroid Research Proposal – Must intend to submit an abstract or case report for presentation at the 89th Annual Meeting of the ATA or alternatively can submit a thyroid research proposal to demonstrate your interest in the thyroid field. Thyroid research proposals submitted are not required to present at the annual meeting.
- Must attend Day 1 the Ridgway Trainee Conference on Wednesday, October 30th
Clinical Thyroidology® Trainee Case Reports and Visual Abstracts
The Editorial Board of the ATA’s Journal, Clinical Thyroidology®, will be reviewing case report submitted by trainees for the 89th Annual Meeting and will invite 8-10 novel case reports to submit a paper to be published in Clinical Thyroidology with an accompanying Visual Abstract. Select case reports will be scheduled for publication in 2020. If you are a trainee and interested in having your abstract considered for the Clinical Thyroidology Trainee Case Reports and Visual Abstracts program please indicate your interest when submitting a Regular Call abstract for the 89th Annual Meeting of the ATA. Also add the name and email of your Program Director/Mentor/Senior Author that would be willing to review your case report and visual abstract. The cost of publication for invited papers will be waived.